[Samba] Samba as a Print Server : passthrough login problem

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Feb 10 14:39:01 GMT 2005

> I want to migrate my win2k print server to a Samba3 one ;)
> My willing is to make this print server available for our domain users.
> Thus, I decided to use these global settings
>
> security = server
> server = myPDCServer

What kind of domain is this? AD?   If that's the case, you will probably
want to be using security = ADS and then running winbind.  Assuming that
is the case, try to follow the documentation for joining to an AD domain
and see if that gets you a bit further.

If that's not the case, please expand a bit on your domain setup.

> My problem is that I can't make it work, all I get is an
> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.
> Please, given my smb.conf, can any guru help me with this ?
>
> [global]
>    workgroup = ATEMPO
>    netbios name = myprintserver
>    server string = samba (%U)
>    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
>    passdb backend = tdbsam
>    log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
>    printer admin = @adm, root
>    load printers = yes
>    printing = cups
>    printcap = cups
>    security = server
>    password server = mypdcserver
>    os level = 15
>    local master = no
>    domain master = no
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>
> [print$]
>    comment = Printer drivers
>    path = /etc/samba/printer
>    write list = @adm, root
>    guest ok = no
>    browseable = yes
>    read only = yes
>
> [mis1700]
>    comment = Dell 1700n - MIS
>    path = /var/spool/samba
>    guest ok = Yes
>    printable = Yes
>    public = yes
>    valid users = joris
>
> [printers]
>    comment = Toutes les imprimantes
>    path = /var/spool/samba
>    guest ok = yes
>    printable = yes
>    browseable = No
>    printer admin = root, @adm
>    public = yes
>    writable = no

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322