[Samba] Samba as a Print Server : passthrough login problem

Joris De Pooter joris.de.pooter at atempo.com
Thu Feb 10 14:32:20 GMT 2005

Hello people, and thanks for this list :)

I have a problem with samba, but first let me tell you the overall thing.

I want to migrate my win2k print server to a Samba3 one ;)
My willing is to make this print server available for our domain users.
Thus, I decided to use these global settings

security = server
server = myPDCServer

My problem is that I can't make it work, all I get is an
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.
Please, given my smb.conf, can any guru help me with this ?

[global]
    workgroup = ATEMPO
    netbios name = myprintserver
    server string = samba (%U)
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
    printer admin = @adm, root
    load printers = yes