[Samba] Re: "Delayed Write Failed" and other similar errors on Windows machines

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D. mjwelchphd at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 5 09:07:38 GMT 2005

 On Friday 04 February 2005 16:10, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> What messages are you getting in the Samba logs ? This looks like an
> oplock break failure or in the extreme case smbd crash.
>
> Jeremy.

I installed Samba 3.0.11, and the same problems are there.

I'm wondering if this could be what's going on: I try to delete a file and
Samba deletes it, but returns a code Windoze doesn't understand; then Windoze
tries to repeat the attempt to delete the file, but the second time it finds
no file (because it actually was deleted on the first attempt), then Windoze
reports that the file cannot be deleted because there is no file.

Would an etherreal capture log be of any help?

-- Mike

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D.
mjwelchphd at adelphia.net or mjwelchphd at ekgreaders.com

La perfection est atteinte
non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter,
mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
--Antoine de Saint Exupery

(Perfection is achieved
not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.)

Please, always remember, a parrot is not merely a pet.
It is a child from another world.
-- Bill Kiesselbach.