[Samba] Why Windows sucks.

Thomas M. Skeren III tms3 at fsklaw.com
Sat Feb 5 02:37:06 GMT 2005

snip

>Then of course, there's Linux distro's that operate primarily with root
>shell
>Then of course, there are Linux users that run everything as root
>because they can't be bothered by the notion of users.

Then there's the BSD's and it's users.  But, of course we know not to do
these things.  MAC's are now BSD's too. But why the bang on Linux's?
While the bloated gui of SuSE 9.2 is annoying, it warns to not run as
root, and a root login to the GUI is nowhere near as friendly as using
the non root account created during startup.

Further, where's your evidence?  Whilst nimrods run as root in Linux, do
you have evidence that a majority do?  How about MAC users?  I know
large MAC networks that require passwords to do this.  Sure you can
kinda do this in Winblowz XP Pro...but XP Home?  Yeah right.