[Samba] smbldap-populate failure

Heupink, Mourik Jan C. Heupink at INTECH.UNU.EDU
Fri Feb 4 09:39:22 GMT 2005

oh yes, something important (maybe) that I forgot to mention...

the howto's tell me that the command to 'vampire' is:
net rpc vampire -Uadministrator%adminpassword

this FAILS here. without an error or anything, the cursor is simply returned
immediately, and nothing at all happened.

then what did:
added an administrator account to ldap, with my domain admin password, and
then issued the following:

net rpc vampire -S pdcname

that works, but with the errors as indicated earlier.

Apologies for not letting you know this in the first place. (I simply forgot
to mention it.)

Yours,
Mourik Jan