[Samba] Samba authentication slow against PDC

Chris Snider chris.snider at tagtmi.com
Thu Feb 3 22:22:19 GMT 2005

>The "x" in 3.0.x is interesting. There has been a serious optimization in
>3.0.10, significant more work there is to come in 3.0.11

>Volker

Actually the PDC and BDC are both running Samba v3.0.10 while the
troublesome server is running 3.0.9.  Commenting out the "username level"
setting seems to have fixed our issue.  I'm going to let the 3.0.9 server
run for awhile and see if the authentication problem comes up again.  If
everything runs smoothly then I'm a little reluctant to upgrade it since I'm
a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't fix it".  I'll also take a look
at the release notes for 3.0.10 and 3.0.11 to see if anything specifically
addresses the issue we were having.

Thanks,
Chris