[Samba] mangling problems?

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Feb 3 11:13:57 GMT 2005

Hi,
I'm experiencing strange problems due to file names. I'm using samba 3.0.9 on
a suse 9.1 system, and the problems are the following:
1) I've added the default case = lower and preserve case = no probably after
some clients had already added a few folders with the same name but different
cases, like "folder" and "Folder". Now the clients are able to see both the
folder, but the files in each of them are missing (even if connecting thru
ssh I can see them). Deleting a folder, the problem disappear, but I'd like
to know how to fix this for all the folders (except moving files and deleting
them).
2) folders with names that ends with "." or an italian character like è,à,ò,
make the files within them invisible, and sometimes are changed to strange
name like V~FTR. Can anybody explain how to fix it?

Thanks,
Luca
--
Luca Ferrari,