[Samba] Cupsaddsmb

Lott, William william.lott at uconn.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:35:55 GMT 2005

I have been trying to make a printer available to our department.  I
want to set it up so that Samba exports the driver to the Window's
computer the first time the first attaches to the printer on the
network.  I did it once before successfully with an older version of
Samba and Fredora Core 2.  Now I am trying to do it with Fredora Core 3
without success.  Below is the message I get every time I try to run
Cupsaddsmb.

[root at d37h192 ~]# cupsaddsmb -U root -v -a

cupsaddsmb: No PPD file for printer "ECON" - skipping!

cupsaddsmb: No PPD file for printer "Economics" - skipping!

[root at d37h192 ~]#

Any help anyone can give to get this setup correctly, I would
appreciate.

William F. Lott
Director of Research
Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis
341 Mansfield Ave., Unit-1240
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-1240
Tel: (860) 486-3885