[Samba] smbfs - Can't create files in subdirectories...

samba1 at The Linux Revolution samba1 at thelinuxrevolution.net
Thu Dec 22 23:07:28 GMT 2005

Greetings, I'm hoping someone can help...

I have a Slackware 10.2 server running Samba 3.0.20b.  When I mount a share with
"mount -t smbfs -o username=user,pass=pass,fmask=777,dmask=777 //server/share
/mount/point" (on another 10.2 PC) the mount completes successfully.

Logged in as a user, I can access the mountpoint and create files and
directories in the root of the mount point.  I can also cd into the directories
I've created.

But, I cannot create additional files or directories within the directories I
created (in the root of the point).  My problem is that I cannot create
anything within subdirectories on my Samba smbmount filesystem while running as
a normal user.  Creating files and directories within the root of the mount
point (as a normal user) works fine.

Logged in as root, I can create subdirectories and subfolders to my heart's
content.

Please, if anyone has any ideas on what to do / try, please reply!

Thank you in advance,
John
samba1 at thelinuxrevolution.net