[Samba] Samba is disconnecting

vladoportos at vladoportos.sk vladoportos at vladoportos.sk
Tue Dec 20 12:55:06 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have small (Big) problem with my samba server on debian.

I use my server to share files through samba on local LAN, not many pc's
just 4 - 5 i use giga switch (brand new) so speed is ok.

Problem is that, i watching films from sever (through lan directly) and
sometime samba just stop and start in one sec, but film stops or when i
coppy data it stop and i have to begin from start...  it stop just for
moment. Most clients to samba are win XP.

I didnt notice that problem when i share file on win xp and copy it
directly from server so linux is taking data from win xp ... i also havent
that problem with win server 2003 i had before...

Thats all, hope so ;)

Any idea ?