[Samba] windows env variable for USERDOMAIN is wrong

Jonathan Johnson jon at sutinen.com
Tue Dec 20 01:47:17 GMT 2005

You said...

> Just a guess, but this might have been an issue because I created some
users before I made Samba a PDC. (since I think this is why I had the
name wrong, it's really my prob :)

Yup, I've run into a similar situation. The Samba server was running in
workgroup mode (not domain controller) for quite some time before it was
converted to a domain controller. After that change, when I'd log in
with pre-DC accounts, the userdomain would be the name of the samba
server, not the domain. To fix it, I converted the passdb backend from
tdbsam to smbpasswd then back again.

--Jon Johnson
Sutinen Consulting, Inc.
www.sutinen.com