[Samba] windows env variable for USERDOMAIN is wrong

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:55:17 GMT 2005

I am not logged in locally.  I checked for that.

I did, however, find a cure...  since it's a new install with new user
accts, I just deleted the samba account and recreated it.  (not the unix
acct)

smbpasswd -x username
smbpasswd -a username

The user then had the domain name set correctly for USERDOMAIN.  And this
didnt affect the XP profile.  (since this fixed it, I have to assume this is
a Samba prob)

Just a guess, but this might have been an issue because I created some users
before I made Samba a PDC. (since I think this is why I had the name wrong,
it's really my prob :)

Thanks for the help.

Greg

--