[Samba] Re: LDAP account management tools?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Dec 19 19:40:02 GMT 2005

Craig White wrote:

> If you look at the fedora directory list archives, I was asking about
> that. It would seem to be mostly html.
>
> But this is for LDAP management and not for editing configuration files
> for samba.

The Fedora Directory console's tool for editing objects in the directory
has "views" of different objectclasses, giving a more specific editing
interface than the generic "edit this attribute".

Some of the views include groups, persons, an "NT user" (for their
legacy Windows NT integration). The idea was to extend this into a
"Samba user", "Samba group", Samba Domain", etc.

Regards,
Graham