[Samba] Re: LDAP account management tools?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Dec 19 13:58:15 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 15:49 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Craig White said:
>
> > there is of course swat
> >
> > and I am speaking on my own behalf and I have little knowledge of the
> > toolsets under development either in the 3.x or 4.x branches.
> >
> > You should consider webmin <http://www.webmin.com> if you want a web
> > based interface to access/interact the smb.conf but I find that it makes
> > a mess of my organization of the smb.conf file and don't use it for that
> > purpose.
>
> The Fedora Directory server console has looked promising - did some
> digging over the weekend to find out how hard it would be to teach it how
> to handle the Samba objectclasses natively.
>
> When I get some time, going to see if I can get any progress on it.
----
If you look at the fedora directory list archives, I was asking about
that. It would seem to be mostly html.

But this is for LDAP management and not for editing configuration files
for samba.

BTW - I actually use webmin's LDAP Users and Groups with both openldap
and fedora directory server to edit users and groups. The topic started
as account management tools and migrated over to samba configuration
tools. The folks from idealx halso have an account management web based
server.

Craig