[Samba] Joining a Samba 3 domain repost

Mike mikevl at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 15 21:26:04 GMT 2005

Thanks

Yes I can add the machine name to the userlist by executing the same
command
add machine script = /usr/sbin/"useradd -s /bin/false -d /var/lib/nobody
machinename" < this part only
manually. Once the machine account has been added I can then add the PC
to the domain.

May be its a problem running the script by a user who is not root. Hmmm
I used root & tried Administrator as well?

Many thanks

Mike