[Samba] Re: Joining a Samba 3 domain (ALMOST SOLVED)

Marcelo Gonçalves Diotto marcelo at ceset.unicamp.br
Thu Dec 15 18:08:34 GMT 2005

Hello Everybody,
    I've almost solved my problem.
    First of all my LDAP tree is:
    dc=domain
       ou = Computers
       ou = Users
       ou = Groups

    In my /etc/ldap.conf i've this:
    nss_base_passwd         ou=Users?one
    nss_base_shadow         ou=Users?one
    nss_base_group          ou=Groups?one
    nss_base_hosts          ou=Computers?one

    When i do a "getent passwd" i get only the itens under "ou=Users"
and my /etc/passwd (i believe the machines account should appear too).
    And my  "net rpc join -U root -w DOMAIN" i get:
    Create of workstation account failed
    Unable to join domain INTRA.
    (but when i look in ldap a machine acount was created)
    I tried to move the machine account tho the "ou=Users" (so my
"getent passwd" also shows the machine account), and when i did "net rpc
join -U root -w DOMAIN" i got:
    "Joined domain DOMAIN"

    What an awful thing!!!

    * So if i put both computers and users inside "ou=Users" it will be
ok, but........ my LDAP tree would be a mess!!!

    Can someone helps me??? PLEASE!! :D

Thanks
Marcelo

Marcelo Gonçalves Diotto	       e-mail: marcelo at ceset.unicamp.br
Analista de Suporte Computacional / Administrador de Redes
Centro Superior de Educação Tecnológica - CESET    Fone: (19) 3404-7270
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP        Fax:  (19) 3404-7164

"Se um dia tiver que escolher entre o mundo e o amor...
Lembre-se: Se escolher o mundo, ficará sem o amor,
mas se escolher o amor, com ele conquistará o mundo!"
                         			Albert Einstein