[Samba] Re: Joining a Samba 3 domain repost

Marcelo Gonçalves Diotto marcelo at ceset.unicamp.br
Thu Dec 15 17:17:52 GMT 2005

Helo,
   I've used the idealx tutorial
(http://samba.idealx.org/smbldap-howto.en.html), almost everything is
fine, i can access the home directories and view shares, but when i try
to join the domain i get the error:
"while attempting to join the domain DOMAIN the user could not be found"
   When i look in ldap the machine acount was created and in
/var/log/samba there is no error log (it creates e logfile for the
machine, but it is kept empty).
   Can someone help us??

Thanks.
Marcelo

Marcelo Gonçalves Diotto	       e-mail: marcelo at ceset.unicamp.br
Analista de Suporte Computacional / Administrador de Redes
Centro Superior de Educação Tecnológica - CESET    Fone: (19) 3404-7270
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP        Fax:  (19) 3404-7164

"Se um dia tiver que escolher entre o mundo e o amor...
Lembre-se: Se escolher o mundo, ficará sem o amor,
mas se escolher o amor, com ele conquistará o mundo!"
                         			Albert Einstein