Fwd: [Samba] RHEL4 and samba

Philip Washington phwashington at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 21:42:39 GMT 2005

Margaret_Doll wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Margaret_Doll <Margaret_Doll at brown.edu>
>> Date: Wed Dec 14, 2005  1:09:24 PM US/Eastern
>> To: samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
>> Subject: [Samba] RHEL4 and samba
>>
>> I brought over the /etc/samba directory from a RHEL3 system to a
>> RHEL4 system.
>>
>> I disable selinux in case there was a problem with a port being blocked
>>
>> iptables has port 139 and 445 enabled.

      open ports 137 and 138, I forget which one, but the announcement
is on one of these ports, you also need to check your protocols tcp udp
as far as iptables is concerned.
      Usually in this cases I open up all protocols and the ports
needed(check the protocols udp and tcp on 139 445 also)  and then start
DROP ing or REJECT ing  ports-protocols until it breaks.
       selinux should not be an issue with this.