[Samba] share mounted xp share

Habib Datoo habib at absco.net
Wed Dec 14 09:44:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Redhat 9.0 / Samba 2 to Centos 4.2/ Samba 3.
The upgrade went smoothly enough with exception to the roaming profiles
which required modifying the SID with the profiles tool.

The problem is I have a winXP service running on one of the machines which
recieves confirmation files from a reservations system. All the useres
require access to these files but winXP has a limit of a maximum of 10
connections to a share. Previously I had mounted the winXP share on the
linux box using (mount -t smbfs //xpmachine/tairs /home/tairs/ -o
umask=777,gid=selsdon,uid=habib,fmask=777) and set the mounted directory as
a samba share. This worked fine if the  xp machine was turned off the share
would become inaccessible but would reconnect as soon as the machine was up
again.

Now however if the xp machine is turned off or restarted the mount seems to
hang. I then have to force unmount it and then remount.

Is there some option that needs to be set to get it working the old way
again.

Habib