[Samba] question on socket tuning on windows

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Dec 8 18:35:02 GMT 2005

I have an app that I compile with mingw.  It uses 'write' to send chunks
of data to a file system in configurable sizes.

I notice that a windows drag-n-drop file copy of a 100MB file completes
about 3 times faster than I can write the same amount of data using my
app.  I have tried 2k, 4k, and 16k write sizes.

Should I try even larger write sizes and/or are there some sort of
ioctls or similar I can use to increase performance?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>