[Samba] winbind auth using ADS with domain trusts

SAMBA letz_samba at realmspace.com
Sun Dec 4 08:20:34 GMT 2005

I would be interested in contributing, but I have oh so many questions,
once I understand, I will document what I know.  For myself, I am
totally not interested in ANY NT style domain functionality, but rather
full 100% pure Active Directory integration.  I am now exploring PADL
stuff and Kerberos stuff along with either AD4Unix or SFU3.5.  However,
I am concerned over PADL's lack of caching and I'm interested in
winbindd.

I'm also interested in automation of UID/GID generation perhaps with
IDMAP.  I would want them written back to AD LDAP, rather than a
separate database. I don't know if it does this already.

I would also be interested in developing my own scheme to how UID/GID
are generated in correlation to SID, so I might avoid IDMAP (or change
it, mumuhuhuhaha).

 - Joaquin Menchaca