[Samba] unicode support in samba

Latrell is85022 at cis.nctu.edu.tw
Fri Dec 2 01:09:07 GMT 2005

Hi! All:

I'm working on add unicode support in samba. However, I meet a question =
as the following description, please advise me.
My smb.conf sets:
        dos charset =3D UTF8
        display charset =3D UTF8
        unix charset =3D UTF8

I use smbmount //share /path -o username=3Duser,passwd=3D1234 to mount a =
directory to a user's home dir.
Original I use ASCII charset, and find traditional chinese not =
supported, thus I change to UTF8, and I can see traditional chinese.
However, when I use CIFS to access the same share, I saw the chinese =
file name can't be decoded.
After search the website, I've tried using with options =
codepage=3Dcp950/utf8,iocharset=3Dcp950/utf8, but nothing changed.
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Latrell