[Samba] Locking problems on a Windows server with samba OSX clients

Guillaume Laurès glaures at reedbusiness.fr
Mon Aug 29 16:23:17 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for this url, but I already digged all the macwindows.com before posting ;-)

According to various reports on this issue, I can understand that it is reproducible with OS X 10.3 as a client (thus samba 3), and windows 2000, 2003 or samba 2.2 as a server (moving from 2.2 to 3.0 on the server fix the issue, unfortunately I don't use samba but a widows server...)
As I said earlier, we tested 0S X 10.2 (samba 2.2) as a client and the issue doesn't appear.
Strangely enough, with OS X 10.4 neither, even though it is based on the very same samba version than 10.3 (3.0.10).