[Samba] Samba 3.0.20 on Solaris: problem with fileaccess in a automounted filesystem

Knut Hellebø Knut.Hellebo at nho.hydro.com
Mon Aug 29 10:27:24 GMT 2005

tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello Knut,
>
> The problem may well be related to locking problems between the samba
> server and the NFS server (Solaris 2.5.1). Isn't 2.5.1 unsupported now?
> Have you patched it up as much as you can?

Yes, so I have been thinking myself, but when logging on to the Solaris
samba server which mounts from the 2.5.1 nfs server, checking/accessing
the files/directories seems fine. No locking problems. Also, when using
a Sgi samba server mounting from the same Solaris 2.5.1 system,
everything is fine. One should think that it is more likely that things
would work better between two Sun boxes than between a Sun and a Sgi. I
will try to patch the Solaris 2.5.1 server with the latest recommended
set and see if this helps.

       *         Knut Hellebø                     | DAMN GOOD COFFEE !! *
       * Hydro IS Partner ESI (Unix) Team         | (and hot too)       *
       * E-mail: Knut.Hellebo at nho.hydro.com       | Dale Cooper, FBI    *