[Samba] What does this error message mean?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Aug 25 17:23:20 GMT 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 11:07, Don wrote:
> I am also getting these errors.  From my reading of the archives it
> seems to me that these errors are usually blamed on either :
>
> a) faulty network hardware or
> b) reverse DNS issues

Suggest you set in the smb.conf [global]:

	smb ports = 139

This may resolve the problem. Please report your findings back to this list.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.