[Samba] samba pakage update

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Aug 24 14:12:49 GMT 2005

Andreas Bauer schrieb:

>Hello,
>
>I want to update my samba server 3.0.7 - Suse 9.2 pro.
>Before I' m destroying my whole smb/ldap configuration,
>I ask the NG.
>Can I use an 3.0.13 rpm samba, samba-client package?
>And what's about the smb.conf after updating?
>
>Many thanks in advance
>Andreas

Hi,
i had never problems with updating smb pdc ldap on suse 9.2 / 9.3
use the rpms from
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/i386/9.2/
i normally  update with rpm -U --force --nodeps  ( which is not very
elegant but works )
nothing happens with your old smb.conf , it stays like it is.
the inpacked new smb.conf will appear as smb.conf.rpmnew in /etc/samba/
if unsure about this procedure try it on a test server
Best Regards