[Samba] Cannot join Domain with ads under AIX

Markus PASCHINGER markus.paschinger at pva.sozvers.at
Wed Aug 24 11:21:08 GMT 2005

Hello there!

I have to run Samba with ads under AIX 5.3.

I have krb5 running, and openldap is running too.

I can configure and make samba 3.0.2.0 with the following configure

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-ads --with-winbind
--with-included-popt  --with-aio-support

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-winbind --with-included-popt
--with-aio-support

If irun the version without ads , i am able to do a net join, and my samba
works fine.

If i try to make a net ads join with the version, configured with ads
support, i get a

Illegal instruction(coredump).

Has anyone an idea what happens, did anyone have a similar problem?

      Regards
      Markus