[Samba] Cannot join Domain with ads under AIX

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Wed Aug 24 12:05:41 GMT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Markus PASCHINGER wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I have to run Samba with ads under AIX 5.3.
>
> I have krb5 running, and openldap is running too.
>
> I can configure and make samba 3.0.2.0 with the following configure
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-ads --with-winbind
> --with-included-popt  --with-aio-support
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-winbind --with-included-popt
> --with-aio-support
>
> If irun the version without ads , i am able to do a net join, and my samba
> works fine.
>
> If i try to make a net ads join with the version, configured with ads
> support, i get a
>
> Illegal instruction(coredump).

1) What make and version KRB?

2) truss the net ads join and see if you can get an idea where in the code
path it's failing.

3) compile with debug symbols (-g) and when it dumps core:

$ dbx /path/to/net-command /path/to/core

(dbx) where

That might help the Samba developers point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Bill