[Samba] Inter Domain trusts and BDC

Thomas M. Skeren III tms3 at fsklaw.net
Tue Aug 23 16:01:19 GMT 2005

I have a Samba-LDAP PDC at an office and 5 BDC's at  other offices.  At
corporate HQ  I have a W2k Server and domain.  I have properly
configured an interdomain trust and Users in the Samba domain can get to
sections on the W2k machine regardless of location.  However, members in
the W2K domain can only access shares on the PDC.  Attempts to access
shares on a BDC cause a user name password dialogue box to open.  Does
anyone know why the BDC refuse to autheticate.  I did a net rpc trustdom
list on a BDC and it does list the W2K domain:

to# net rpc trustdom list
Password:
Trusted domains list:

FSK