[Samba] share permission problem?

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Tue Aug 23 15:56:01 GMT 2005

Hey List-

I've got an interesting problem :)

Network Description:
W2K server is PDC
FreeBSD samba is domain member server using winbind to grab user / group info
wbinfo et all work just fine

clients: mix of W2K, XP and OS X

my smb.cnf file:
# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = DOM
netbios name = DOMSERVER
#server string = Samba %v on %L
server string =
security = DOMAIN
password server = DOMAINSERVER
encrypt passwords = yes
printcap name = cups
disable spoolss = Yes
show add printer wizard = No
idmap uid = 15000-20000
idmap gid = 15000-20000
winbind use default domain = Yes
printing = cups
guest ok = no
follow symlinks = no
case sensitive = no

#SHARES
#domainshare: sharename webdata and files
[domainshare]
path = /data/shares/domshares/sharename
writeable = yes
create mode = 6770
force create mode = 6770
directory mode = 6770
force directory mode = 6770
valid users = @DOM\DOMUSERS
admin users = "@DOM\Domain Admins"

The problem:

All users which are in the DOMSALESUSERS and the DOMUSERS group can get access
to the domainshare, but users who are just in the DOMUSERS group can't. Yes,
I double checked that the valid users isn't set to DOMSALESUSERS :)  I
checked the file permissions and they're set to the domusers group. The OS
doesn't matter for the access, just the if the users aren't in the
DOMSALESUSERS group they can't get in.

I did try mounting from my FreeBSD laptop as one of the standard users and it
let's me mount, but gives me an access denied when doing a ls . As soon as I
add the user to the DOMSALESUSERS then they can see the share fine.

I'm confused :) Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
lists at rhavenn.net

RTFM: Not just an acronym, it's the LAW!