[Samba] Re: Profiles 'problem'

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:48:46 GMT 2005

felipe at neuwald.biz wrote:

> I don't want John download (and upload to the file server too) all him stuff,
> only the following directories:
>
> a) c:\documents and settings\john\application data\mozilla;
> b) c:\documents and settings\john\application data\thunderbird;
>
> Does anybody knows how to do it?

Roaming profiles is an all/nothing proposition.  However, you can do
several things to consider:
1.  Using Group Policy, one can Redirect certain folders to a network
share.  One of the Redirectable folders is "Application Data"
2.  You can specify portions of a profile to omit for roaming (and their
contents (may) get lost on logout)

-- Rex