[Samba] Slow sequential write on Samba drive

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Aug 11 19:12:17 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:17:53AM -0700, Don wrote:
> Jeremy, do you have any advice for me?   I  saw on an earlier post that
> you were at LinuxWorld so maybe you don't have time right at the moment
> to look at this problem...
>
> I saw a recent posting about "smbtorture.c" but couldn't find it on the
> ftp site.  Does anyone have suggestions for a SMB testing/benchmarking
> program, especially one that can run under both windows and linux?

Firstly I need to reproduce the problem. I haven't been able to do
that using a simple "copy XX n:\XX" command or using Windows explorer
cut and paste. Once I get my XP vmware session to reproduce the behaviour
I can start to experiment with fixing the problem.

*Exactly* what are you doing to see this problem/SMB traffic pattern from
an XP client ?

Jeremy.