[Samba] Finding the GID of AD groups on samba

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu Aug 11 15:05:46 GMT 2005

Hi Folks:

A couple weeks ago, the list helped me develop the way to find the UID
of users on my AD system.  At the time I did not think that it would be
necessary to know the GID of the AD Groups, but I am hitting some snags
where I need to change the group ownership of folders etc.

I suspect that the necessary command is a variant of the getent command,
but man getent has not yielded where I should look for them.

Can someone point me in the right direction.  Specifically, what I am
looking for is a command that will allow me to generate a list of all
the user groups on the system and their GID.  This will allow me to
chgrp the folders as necessary.

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11