[Samba] Re: SuSE 9.3 + Samba 3 + LDAP

Horst B. Simon hsimon at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 11 01:37:07 GMT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005 10:35 AM, Geoffrey Scott <geoffs at guestshire.com> wrote:

>Horst B. Simon wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I have OX with Samba 3 and Ldap working fine, except that workstation
>>can not join the domain. When I try to join the domain I get
>>following error message: The following error occurred attempting to
>>join the domain. Can not find user name in Domain. But the user is
>>there and it creates the computer in ou=computers in ldap. All users
>>have no problems accessing the samba shares and using OX. Anyone in
>>this group has successful joined a computer into ldap with OX and
>>Samba3?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Horst
>
>Horst,
>Is the user either root account in LDAP or been given sepriveledges
>as per chapter 5 of JHT example book? Does your smb.conf point to the
>correct part of ldap for your users? Have nss and pam been configured
>pointing correctly to where to the users are? Is the user that you are
>trying actually in that part of LDAP? Eg. You aren't trying to use:
>
>cn=Manager,dc=hsimon,dc=com,dc=au
>
>When your users are in :
>
>ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=hsimon,dc=com,dc=au
>
>Are you?
>
>Cheers Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I am not near the box now, I think you are on the right track. I will
post tonight the relevant parts of my ldap.conf and smb.conf. Yes my
binddn is uid=Manager,dc=hsimon,dc=com,dc=au and the user are in
ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=hsimon,dc=com,dc=au. I tried to use the root
user and I set up a administrator according
to the information in the IDEALX document.

Cheers,
Horst