[Samba] samba-3.0.20rc1 winbind Windows 2003 SP1 ADS wbinfo all

Mike Rose mr349 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 07:14:21 GMT 2005

> try setting 'passwd: files winbind' just for kicks.  getent works
> fine for me.

tried that, no luck, unfortunately.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Ryan Beckett wrote:

> I ran into this one as well. I had to set security = ADS and create an
> authorized user for winbind to use.
> # wbinfo -set-auth-user

tried that, before, too. I even tried the Domain admin user and passwd.

Now I try:

wbinfo --authenticate=administrator
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user administrator with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user administrator with challenge/response

Hmmm...