[Samba] Connecting to SAMBA shares

Ryan Beckett rbeckett at abaquscentral.com
Mon Aug 1 19:38:04 GMT 2005

Hi

I have just configured a test machine to use winbind and samba so that I
users can authenticate against my Win2003 SP1 AD controller. Everything
seems to work great but I cannot seem to access any SAMBA shares that
are created on the Linux machine. I constantly get asked for my username
and password. I am trying to connect to the SAMBA share from a Windows
XP client. I am assuming that the problem is because Windows is trying
to authenticate me using DOMAIN\username while winbind and samba are
using the format DOMAIN+username.. Has anyone encountered this before?
Is there a way around this issue? I tried to change the winbind
separator to a '\' but this did not seem to help either. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated....

Many thanks!

RB