[Samba] "CREATOR OWNER" with samba

Joris De Pooter joris.de.pooter at atempo.com
Mon Aug 1 15:39:48 GMT 2005

Joris De Pooter a écrit :
> Gerald (Jerry) Carter a écrit :

>> Joris De Pooter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just saw that my users don't have the right to manage their own
>>> printing job (pausing, deleting...) .  I saw that a "CREATOR OWNER"
>>> token seems to do this job, but i'm not sure how I can implement
>>> it with my Samba box.
>>>
>>> Because "CREATOR OWNER" doesn't seem to be a regular NT4 group.
>>>
>>> Has somebody any advice with it ?
>>

>> The current print security checks for removing jobs is based
>> on matching the requesting client's user name against the
>> owner of the job (sort of a built in creator owner) and
>> then falling back to the manage documents permission in
>> the security descriptor.   Pausing a job requires interaction
>> with the underlying print system.  To you have an lppause
>> command defined in smb.conf?
>>

>> cheers, jerry
>

> Hello Jerry,
>
> I didn't setup lppause/lpresume commands, my bad.
> But, thanks for your explanation anyway, it's good to know how it works
> behind.
>
> Cheers :)

It's me again,

Today, I saw one of my user couldn't delete its own print job.
I think there's a problem with unix access rights, because from
my linux box as root I was able to delete that job with lprm command.

Here's a truncated listing of my /var/spool/cups directory :

-rw-------  1 root lp   630 Aug  1 17:26 c13354
-rw-r-----  1 root lp 38346 Aug  1 17:22 d13352-001

As you can see, the job d13352-001 is owned by root:lp although
my user is logged (with winbind) as tartenpion.
Is this the reason why my user tartenpion can't delete his own
job ? I think this is strange, and moreover Cups is setup to run
as lp:lp

What's the good way to fix this ?
Thanks for any help, cheers !

--