[Samba] smb_lookup error=-13

Ryan Kather RDKath at Roushind.com
Mon Aug 1 14:53:24 GMT 2005

Forgot to attach some of my confs... see below;

>>> "Ryan Kather" <RDKath at Roushind.com> 08/01/05 10:30AM >>>
I am experiencing an odd problem while attempting to mount and access a directory with smbfs.  smbclient does not exhibit the same behavior.

I have created a directory /mnt/smb-test and am attempting to mount a volume from a NetApp Filer running OnTap 7 with NTFS security mode.  An Active Directory DC handles security for the share.  The Linux machine shows as registered in AD and I can use wbinfo -u and -g fine.

I use mount -t smbfs -o username=someuser,password=somepassword,workgroup=THEDOMAIN //NETAPP/somevolume /mnt/smb-test.  The operation appears succesful.  Yet, when I ls -alFG in the /mnt directory /mnt/smb-test is not listed.  If I ls without the -alFG flags I do see the smb-test folder.  If I cd into the folder it works fine, but as soon as I type ls I get the following error;

kernel: smb_lookup: find /// failed, error=-13

The mount command shows the volume as mounted.  I am having very limited luck finding information for a error=-13.

I am running Novell Open Enterprise Server without the Novell packages installed making it functionally equivalent to SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.  It was a minimal install with samba-3.0.9-2.6, samba-client-3.0.9-2.6, and samba-winbind-3.0.9-2.6 rpms added.  Kernel  2.6.5-7.155.29-smp.

I can use smbclient to browse this share without issue.  I do have a small problem with smbclient .. if I run smbclient -L //NETAPP -U someuser -W THEDOMAIN I receive the following error;

SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
Error returning browse list: Server packet had invalid SMB signature!

Does anyone have any ideas?

CONFIGS
------------
smb.conf--