[Samba] Problem to logon after join LDAP/SAMBA domain

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Mon Aug 1 14:54:50 GMT 2005

Hi Felipe,

First great you found it.

just type net on the console en see the output, there is
something like this:

net setlocalsid SID   "to set the local domain SID"

This is how i fixed it, ( had simular problem here )

make a export of the ldap database.
I used ldapadmin and phpldapadmin, just pick one you like.

do a net getlocalsid, and set this in smbldap.conf

delete your database.

i used notepad++ (very cool editor) to change the incorrected entrys

import your database again.

i you use debian, you can also backup

/var/lib/ldap
/var/lib/samba

then if something goes wrong, just stop samba and ldap , copy these backuped
files
back and your back in 1ste state.

goodluck,

and my advice , make that backup of /var/lib/ldap and samba
i did need it. ;-)

Greetz

Louis