[Samba] Problem to logon after join LDAP/SAMBA domain

Felipe felipe.piccirilo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:49:45 GMT 2005

Hi Louis and all list..

Thanks for all the tips, but I think I figured out what was the problem...
I'm having some problems with the SID of the samba and LDAP, I try to
set it manually but I'm not sure of how it works, I just know that
when I perform "net getlocalsid", the SID I get was different of the
one in the file smbldap.conf (from smbldap-tools) and when a
workstation joined to a domain, it seems that it loose the trust
relationship and you can't logon with this workstation.

Do you or anyone in the list know if I can change this SID and then
build my domain without any problem? If yes, where I should set the
SID beyond the smbldap.conf and "net setlocalsid SID"  before populate
my domain?

thanks in advance.

regards
Felipe.