[Samba] SOS (seting up SWAP)

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Thu Apr 28 20:56:57 GMT 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 11:56, you wrote:
> Hi John:
> Why not put agree betwen you, someone of samba.org answered me:
> "The smbstatus command will help you do this. It's better to ask questions
> like this on the main samba at samba.org mailing list".
> And now you ask me that I have to pay??? what are the discusion lists??? I
> alway think (betwen another things) that they are to help people. May be
> Am'I in the wrong list??
> Thank you for your unhelpfulnes

Marta,

I apologise if in any way my email was offensive to you. That was not my
intent. My intent was to point you to a source of rapid help in case your
need is urgent enough that at all costs you need a solution.

I can see that I have upset you. It seems that what was offered in the best of
interests has upset you.

If I understand correctly, you first asked for help on the samba-technical
mailing list. That list is purely for the samba developers to discuss design
aspects of Samba development. The samba at samba.org mailing list is the general
public list.

As with all user supported software mailing lists, there is no guarantee that
anyone will answer your request. No-one gets paid for assistance given on the
mailing list - all help given is free and voluntary. No-one is responsible to
answer your requests.

There are a number of companies that provide paid-for support. I pointed you
at that source in case you have an urgent need. I cared enough to not cause
your request to go unanswered - particularly since you started to push for an
answer.

Your request to the samba at samba.org list is to the correct list.

- John T.