[Samba] SOS (seting up SWAP)

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Apr 27 20:43:49 GMT 2005

Hi,

We saw your question from the first posting. This is a user-supported list. We
are all rather busy with our normal work. If your need is urgent you may want
to consider paid support. Details of paid for support providers are available
from the Samba web site.

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 14:23, Marta R. Lozano wrote:
> Hi:
> My english is very bad but I will try to explain that it We need. We
> work at Library of
> Ministry of Economy.
> We use one Linux Server with Samba 3.07 (mainly it has data files,
> CDS/ISIS
> databases and It application (from Unesco)).
> Right now, the administrator are Information System's people from
> Ministry.We need in
> some case not only to track what user are connected and what files they
> are using, we
> need in special case to unconneted (o cut off the connection) because we
> need to up
> date some databases and If it is in use we couldn't to do this.
> So, The Information System's people set up SWAT for us, but this tool
> don't allow to
> unconnected users. It only allow to see the "Home", "Status", "View"
> ans "Password".
> My question is: Is it possible, by configuration, to allow us to
> unconnected user from

Yes, if you log into SWAT as the 'root' account. You will need to kill
connections, not users.

> some files at option "Status". If it is yes, please, tell us how they
> can do that.

See above.

> And talking about "Status": is possible to change the "Refresh
> Interval"´s seconds
> amonut??. And when one make Refresh why the date and time doesn't
> change.

That will require some diagnostics work to find the answer. Your information
is not sufficient to provide a meaningful answer at this time.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member