[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap..part 2: smaba 3.0.15

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Apr 27 15:27:57 GMT 2005

Rich,

Instead of assuming the examples in the book are wrong, or do not work, just
because you can not get them to work, may I suggest that you work with me to
"fix" the documentation so others can avoid your pain.

Please send me direct to <jht at samba.org> the following:

1. Output of: testparm -s > the-smb.conf
2. Your smbldap.conf file.
3. Your /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file
4. Your /etc/ldap.conf file
5. Your /etc/nsswitch.conf file

Also, please provide detailed, step-by-step, output of each configuration step
in the current on-line PDF from:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

Since this is about to be published I would hate myself every day for
producing errant guidance once this is in print. Please help me so I will not
hate myself for misguiding people.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra