[Samba] trusted domain 'disconnected' using winbind

Grund, Andreas a.grund at fibro.de
Wed Apr 27 12:46:43 GMT 2005

Problem is solved!

Actually there were 2 problems. First, I noticed that winbind tried to
resolve a servername which is no longer PDC in the trusted domain - we
changed PDC and BDC some months ago. Don't know where samba gets this
(wrong) information from. So I tried a workaround by adding an entry in
lmhosts with the wrong servername (the one winbind is looking for) but the
correct ip-address of the PDC. In fact this worked fine with our test system
but not with the production server, though configuration was indentical
execpt the sw-release of samba itself. Finally I upgraded 3.0.9-2.6 to
3.0.14a-0.1 and now everything is fine!