[Samba] file locking in samba

Felipe Tocchetto tocchetto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:57:47 GMT 2005

Hi all

I am new on the list and i subscribe it do try to solve a problem that i am
having with samba and file locking. Last week we changed from DreamWaver to
NVU, the DreamWaver implements file locking but the NVU dont. What started
to happen is that two users can edit the same file, the files are in a samba
server (3.0.10).

What i am trying to do is implement the file lock in samba, make the samba
server control the access to the files, denying two users acess the same
file. I make searched over google and find some useful parameters, o created
a test share in my server to test, but it did not work.

If somebody have already implemented it or know how to implement file
locking in samba please give me some help.

What i have tried in the share:

blocking locks = yes
locking = yes
oplocks = false