[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap

Mike Carpenter MCarpenter at newpenn.com
Fri Apr 22 19:47:39 GMT 2005

Rich

I think you do not have all the .conf files that need edited for the
IDEALX scripts setup correctly.

When you performed the smbldap-populate, did you see the error message?

"Can't call method "dn" on an undefined value at ./smbldap-populate line
433,  line 15."

Although I've never used the .8.7 version of the files, by following the
directions, I did get .8.8 to work fairly easily.

"rich foo" <richd2 at ssfs.org>
Sent by: samba-bounces+mcarpenter=newpenn.com at lists.samba.org
04/22/2005 03:33 PM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap

Hi...
If you have successfully gotten samba 3.0.14a (or any other recent samba
version) to work with ldap, can you perhaps email me your various config
files so I can figure out what I am doing wrong?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
I've tried every thing I can think of, but I can't get samba 3.0.14a to
work with ldap.  The ldap server seems to be working and smbclient seems
to work for Administrator but not anyone else but I can't join any
machines to the domain (XP has given me many different errors, but the
most recent is "the specified network name is no longer available") I am
assuming that posting long messages with every config file attatched is
probably not going to win me any friends, so i have put them on the web at
http://thor.ssfs.org/samba/

Thanks in advance,

Rich