[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Sat Apr 23 10:07:27 GMT 2005

Hi,

I read your output and I have some questions

1)

./net getlocalsid
"[2005/04/22 12:55:02, 0] param/params.c:OpenConfFile(537)
  params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf":
  	No such file or directory

Where is your smb.conf ?
Normaly is /usr/local/samba/lib.

2)
What is the function of your samba server :
- PDC (idmap backend not necessary)
- AD member
- stand alone

3) in smbd.log, can you see that smbd connect correctly to ldap ?

4) in homes share, you can add path = /home/%U

5) where is the user administrator, in LDAP ?
    this user must have the uid 0 or root right.

--
Stéphane Purnelle <stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be