[Samba] 64 bit build for Solaris 9

Braden Bill Bill.Braden at thomson.net
Thu Apr 21 20:10:38 GMT 2005

I am trying to build a 64 bit version of Samba 3.x for Solaris 9 that
will have Active Directory and winbind support.  I am having lots of
trouble as it seems to require 64 bit versions of the OpenLDAP libraries
and the krb5 libraries.  I have successfully compiled OpenLDAP as 64 bit
but I can't get krb5 to build 64 bit libraries.  It has trouble with the
aes-crypt modules.

Has anyone out there been successful building a 64 bit samba 3.x for
Solaris with Active directory and winbind support?  If so I would sure
like to talk to you.

 Thanks.

--Bill