[Samba] samba 3.0.13 tries to find SID of User as sambaGroupMap

Matthias Eichler me-lists at eichler-fleschuetz.de
Thu Apr 21 08:09:20 GMT 2005

Dear List,

while debugging the problem that users cant change file
acls from windows clients, I found out that Samba (ver-
sion 3.0.13 on debian sarge) tries to look up the SID
(of the user who should be added to the acl) as a
sambaGroupMapping in the LDAP.

Does anybody can tell me:
- why samba tries to match a SID of a user as a GroupMapping?
  This will never work as a user can never be a sambaGroupMapping
  by definition...
- how I can tell samba not to do, as this is the reason
  why the acl change does not work

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance!

Matthias Eichler