[Samba] Windows XP fails to load Desktop Profile on Samba 3 PDC

Christoph Galuschka christoph.galuschka at tikom.at
Thu Apr 21 08:03:43 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm currently trying to implement samba 3.0.14a as PDC in our
office.

I've allready managed to join the first trial workstations to the
Domain. Now I have the following problem:

I've created an Administrator-account for joining the machines
and doing maintenance work. This account seems to have no
problem to store its personal settings (Desktop, startmenu) on
the PDC.

When I add new users (unix and samba settings are correct),
only a part of the users profile is stored on the PDC. Desktop
works fine, however the startmenu always returns to
windowsXP-default after a new logon. I even can't change to
the detailed view in system controls.

any hints?

thanks and regards
Christoph